NY SRIP STEAK, KALE, AND PARSNIP PUREE
1 Stryker Farm Grass-Fed Beef Strip Steak
1 bunch of kale (lacinato preferred)
2 minced garlic cloves
A splash of Madeira or red wine used for cooking
2 medium sized parsnips
2 TBSP butter
1 CUP whole milk
Salt and pepper
Bring the steakhouse to your own house! A ribeye is the King of steaks. Pair it with the classic baked potato, wedge salad and two fingers of Scotch to wash it down.
- Take out the steaks and let them get to room temperature. Cover them with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Scrub the potatoes and pierce them with a fork a few times to release the steam while they cook. Slather them with olive oil and salt and wrap them up in aluminum foil. Pop them in the oven when the oven is up to temperature and bake for an hour.
- Warm up a non-stick skillet with a TBSP of olive oil until it starts smoking. Lay the steaks in the pan and sear each side for 4 minutes a piece.
- Cover the pan and allow them to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- While the steaks rest, finely dice the tomatoes, onions and bacon. Cut the head of lettuce into wedges.
- Top the wedges with blue cheese dressing and all the fixin's.
- Dress up the potatoes with a pat of butter.