BASIC POT ROAST
This pot roast is extraordinarily simply to pull off, all you need is a some time and a dutch oven! A one pot meal of delicious proportions.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the netting from the rump and pat dry.
- Mix the salt and pepper into the flour. Using the back of a plate, or your hands, press flour into all the nooks and crannies of the beef.
- Using a little oil or fat of your choice in a dutch oven, brown the beef on all sides. It takes only a few minutes on each side to get a good sear. Take off the heat.
- Section the onion into 6 chunks and add it, along with the garlic, into the pan. Add the wine and rosemary as well.
- Cover with the lid and put in the oven.
- Now we let it do it's magic! Figure at least an hour of cooking per pound of beef, but more time is always better.
- After 2 hours, flip the beef and return to the oven.
- One hour before you plan to serve, add the potatoes whole, peeled chunked carrots, and a cup of beef broth.
- When the veggies are tender, take it out of the oven. Slice the roast against the grain and watch it fall apart into the gravy below.