Serves 4 - 6
Stryker Farm Grass Fed Beef Cubes
2 peeled carrots, cut in 1 inch pieces
3/4 LBS baby potatoes
1 LB quartered mushrooms
1 1/2 CUPS frozen pearl onions
32 OZ can of crushed tomatoes
1 CUP beef stock
1 CUP red wine
1 TBSP dried sage
1 TBSP dried thyme
3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 CUP flour
Stew is a classic Sunday meal. Stew all day, enjoy dinner and any leftovers will carry you through the week! These pre-cut beef cubes make this stew so simple to prepare.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, salt and pepper. Drain any excess blood from the beef cubes and toss them in to the flour mixture, covering all the nook and crannies
- In an oven safe, lidded pot, like a dutch oven, add a little olive oil and brown the floured beef cubes on all sides. A little flour may stick to the pan, but that's alright!
- Add the mushrooms, carrots and whole potatoes. Add the sage and thyme and stir everything together.
- Cover everything with the tomatoes, wine and stock. Carefully stir everything together and scrape up any bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the fresh rosemary, put the lid on the pan and place in the oven.
- Let it stew for 3 hours. After three hours take out the pot and stir in the frozen onions. Place back in the oven for another hour.