BLOODY MARY STEAK
Stryker Farm Grass-Fed Hanger Steak
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
Juice from 1 lemon
2 TBSP prepared horseradish
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce1
½ TSP hot sauce
¼ cup chopped briny green olives
2 TBSP olive brine, divided
½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup celery half-moons, plus some leaves
2 pickled jalapeños
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
½ cup parsley leaves
Look no further for your next brunch recipe. This is a Bloody Mary on a plate! This recipe was taken directly from Food52 and lends perfectly to a hanger steak. Go crazy with customizing this recipe with your favorite Bloody Mary ingredients!
- In a pan over high heat or on the grill, sear the unseasoned steak until browned well on both sides and cooked to medium-rare or desired temperature, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Allow the steak to rest while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegars, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and olive brine. Then add the red onion, celery, jalapeños, olives, and tomatoes. Grind a good amount of black pepper over top and stir to combine.
- Slice the meat into 1/2-inch slices across the grain and add to the salad. Mix again and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to meld.
- When you're ready to eat, add the blue cheese, parsley, and celery leaves if you remembered to hold onto them.
- Serve over a mix of salad greens.