GINGER BEEF & MUSHROOM STIR FRY
1 LB Stryker Farm Grass-Fed Beef Skirt Steak
½ TSP kosher salt
½ TSP sugar
1 TSP soy sauce
1 TSP Shaoxing wine
½ TSP toasted sesame oil
⅛ TSP baking soda
½ TSP cornstarch
2 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP Shaoxing wine
¼ cup chicken stock
¼ cup oyster sauce
2 TBSP sugar
1 TSP toasted sesame oil
1 TSP cornstarch
3 TBSP vegetable oil, divided
½ LB mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
3 TSP finely minced fresh ginger
1 scallion, finely minced
Skirt steak is a "flap meat" with a very loose texture. This makes it a perfect candidate for marinating and well as cooking in a high heat stir fry.
- Slice the beef thinly against the grain. Combine beef, salt, sugar, soy sauce, wine, sesame oil, baking soda, and cornstarch in a small bowl and toss to combine. Let the beef marinate for a half hour.
- Prep the stir fry sauce. Combine soy sauce, wine, chicken stock, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Heat a TSP of oil in a wok over high heat until it starts to smoke. Add half of the beef, spreading it out to allow it to brown on one side. Toss and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until barely cooked through, only about 1 minute longer. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Repeat the steps with the other half of the beef.
- Add another TSP of oil in the wok and place over high heat until smoking. Add mushrooms and cook, tossing and stirring frequently. Add garlic, ginger, and scallions and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return beef to wok and toss to combine. Stir sauce and add to wok. Cook, stirring and tossing constantly, until sauce is thickened and coats beef and vegetables, about 1 minute.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and rice.