LONDON BROIL WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE
Serves 4 - 6
Stryker Farm Grass Fed London Broil
For the sauce:
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
London Broil is a very lean cut of meat so it's easy to overcook. This preparation creates very rare, super tender beef, excellent for slicing and sandwiches, Serve it with the horseradish sauce and a side of your favorite roasted vegetable.
- Allow the beef to reach room temperature. Pat it dry and rub in olive oil. Liberally apply salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat to oven to 425°F
- Heat a cast iron skillet until it's smoking.
- Place the beef in the pan and sear for 2 minutes. Flip and sear the other side for 2 minutes.
- Put the skillet in the oven and heat the beef for about a half hour.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, combine sour cream, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice thinly across the grain and serve on crusty bread and slathered with the horseradish sauce.