You don’t need to live in Philly to get your hands on a Philly cheesesteak! It’s easier than you think with the right cut of beef to get a delicious cheesy sandwich in no time. Stryker chipped beef is sliced super thin which helps to combine with your cheese of choice. Here we use extra sharp provolone, but if Cheez Wiz is your favorite, go with it!
- Start with slicing onions the mushrooms and onions thinly. Add them to a hot oiled pan and brown them.
- After about 15 minutes they should have good color - put them aside.
- Put the chipped beef on a hot pan or griddle with a splash of olive oil or butter. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to season the beef.
- It’s helpful to chop up the beef with a long metal spatula if you have one. I used a regular sized spatula and it worked just fine. You want to use the side of the spatula in a chopping motion to mince up the beef. It cooks pretty quickly since it’s so thin. Once there is no more pink, it’s done!
- I separated the beef on the griddle into individual sandwich piles, then added the grated provolone on top. While the beef is still hot, incorporate the cheese into the beef.
- Pile the cheesy beef into the long roll along with the mushrooms and onions.
- Top with sliced jalapenos for an extra kick!