SIMPLE ELEGANCE: FILET MIGNON
The ultimate date night meal! Filet Mignon is so incredibly tender and flavorful you’ve got to let the meat be the star. A simple preparation with butter let’s the filet’s flavor do the talking.
- Take out the filets and pat them dry. Massage some olive into them and generously season with sea and pepper. Allow them to rest until they reach room temperature.
- Heat a non-stick pan (preferably cast iron!) until it’s roaring hot and smoking. Now is the time to turn on your overhead exhaust on high.
- Place the filets in the pan and sear on one side for 8 minutes.
- Flip with a pair of tongs and sear the other side for another 5 minutes. For a warm medium rare center allow the steak to reach a 130° F internal temperature. Take them out of the pan and allow them to rest with a pat of butter on top.
- Turn the heat down low and deglaze the pan with the vermouth. Add the spinach to the pan and wilt the spinach.
- Pile the spinach on a plate, top with the buttery filet and pour the pan juices over top.
Voila! A spectacular dish awaits you and the lucky person you’ve cooked for.